Posted by Amy the Archivist on December 16, 2008
The annual Campus Carols holiday concert was a Rensselaer tradition for many years. The genesis of the event dates back to 1944 when it was called the "Christmas Candlelight Program." In early December, the RPI Glee Club led the campus community in the singing of Christmas carols at the RPI Clubhouse. In 1948, the event was renamed "Campus Carols" and moved to the '87 Gym.