Tag Archives: gymnasium

Back Down the Hill

Following the Great Troy Fire of 1862, which completely destroyed Rensselaer’s physical plant, all of the Institute’s new buildings moved steadily east up the hill overlooking the city and Hudson River. An exception was a gymnasium which opened in March … Continue reading

Share
Posted in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute History, Student Life | Tagged , , | 1 Comment