Mystery Image #12

The holidays have passed, spring semester work has commenced and winter couldn’t get any worse.  Blah.  This probably won’t cure the doldrums, but it may entertain you for a moment.  I thought of inviting captions for this one, but I don’t want to divert attention from an actual identification.  My best guess for the beer paraphernalia is that it came from the pub in the Union.  It looks like they are taking inventory of the items.  Can you identify the students or the room?  If I could get the name of one or more of the individuals, I may be able to contact them to get more information.  The photo looks kind of staged so I wonder if it showed up in a publication — but why?

Share
This entry was posted in unidentified photographs and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Mystery Image #12

1. Bert says:

Was this commemorating the end of an era – i.e. back when the drinking age was raised to 21 in the 1980s? Are they packing up the remnants of a bar? This one really is a mystery!

2. Bill Duggan says:

The fellow is Bill Sanscrainte, who was PU back in 81-82.

3. Bill Duggan says:

Bill Sanscrainte is on the right in the photo.

4. john erickson says:

As an ’84, I definitely remember this photo; it was obviously staged, but had nothing to do with the drinking age (which my class helped drive back up to 21!).

I think they had changed the distributorship contract in the Rat and were receiving the paraphernalia. The women in the center is very familiar, I think she may have been the full-time manager of the Union at the time; the guy on the left I think is a rep.