The Warren House, acquired with the purchase of the Warren estate, was converted into a student dormitory in 1907 and remained the only campus housing until 1916. The house was officially named the Campus Dormitory by a resolution of the Board of Trustees in 1916. The Institute rented rooms to about thirty students. A caterer supplied meals and was paid directly by the students.
In 1935, after the construction of two new dormitories, the Board of Trustees decided to dismantle and remove the old Warren House.