The Institute Archives will provide photocopies and/or digital images of materials in its collections at the discretion of the archivists. Our staff will take into consideration the fair use doctrine of copyright law as well as the condition of the original materials. Please note that:
- Reproductions are for private use only.
- Publication (in any format, including print, audio, video, or digital) requires advance written permission and usually incurs additional fees (see below).
- For additional information, please contact us.
Photocopies | Archives staff will make paper copies of documents, photographs, finding aids, and other materials from our collections, at the following rates:
- Published materials, photographs, and documents from manuscript collections or Institute archives: $.25/page
- Oversized originals on 11″ x 17″ paper: $.45/page
- Photocopies for Rensselaer students: $.10/page
Digital Reproductions | In-house digitization fees are listed below. Pricing for oversized materials must be negotiated with an archivist.
- Items under 11″ x 17″: $10.00/ item
- Items over 11″ x 17″: minimum $10.00/scan (additional fees may apply)
Commercial Publication | Publication in print, online, or in any medium requires prior approval by archives staff, including completion of a Permission to Publish form.
- Minimum $30.00/item
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Staff | Publication fees are waived for RPI staff members who wish to use Archives materials in the course of their work for the Institute.