Tag Archives: Building histories

Continuing Up the Hill: William Weightman Walker Laboratory

The first two buildings erected on the Warren estate property, purchased by the Institute after the 1904 fire which destroyed the Main Building, were the Carnegie Building (described in our last Continuing Up the Hill post) and Walker Laboratory. These … Continue reading

Share
Posted in Building History, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute History | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Up the Hill Continued: Winslow Chemical Laboratory

Following the completion of the Main Building in 1864 planning was initiated for a chemical laboratory for the Institute. Construction was started in 1865 and work on the brick structure was completed the following year. The cost of the building … Continue reading

Share
Posted in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute History, Troy NY | Tagged , | Leave a comment