Monthly Archives: January 2013

Continuing up the Hill: Ranken House

Following the construction of the Main Building and Winslow Laboratory, Rensselaer’s trustees began planning for a third instructional facility—an astronomical observatory. In order to erect the observatory more land was needed and in 1877 the Ranken property, situated on the … Continue reading

Share
Posted in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute History | Tagged , | 4 Comments